Same great Sugar, new Lite weight.
Portland's own Sugar Wheel Works has been a gem for local riders for years, and we are honored to bring you offerings from their revered wheel building studio. Each of their hand-built wheels is assembled from hand-selected components to deliver you the perfect wheelset that's built to last a lifetime. These pre-built offerings allow you to experience what only hand-built wheels can offer, now without the wait time.
Built around the Boyd Altamount Lite rims, this rim-brake wheelset features their new hand-crafted alloy rim, getting a few updates over the standard Altamount while remaining true to Boyd's intentions. Featuring a lightweight construction, tubeless technology, and a slightly wider internal rim diameter, the only compromise was just dropping 5mm from the overall depth. Weighing in at just 435 grams, the Altamount Lite spins up quick for effortless accelerations and confidence-inspiring handling.
Down below, the White Industries CLD hubset provides the perfect balance between lightweight construction and aerodynamic efficiency. Marking White Industries lightest disc hub to date, the CLD offers all the same durability and performance of their more beefy hubs without the added weight. Featuring Center Lock rotor compatibility, these wheels will easily transition from your road bike to your 'cross or mountain whip for a do-it-all wheelset.
- Hand-built in Portland, Oregon by Sugar Wheel Works.
- Boyd Altamount Lite rim brake tubeless-ready clincher rim
- White Industries CLD hubset
- Rim Material: Alloy.
- Wheel Size: 700c.
- Tire Type: Tubeless tire or clincher.
- Rim Depth: 25mm.
- Rim Width: 19.86mm (internal), 24mm (external).
- Brake Compatibility: Center Lock Disc.
- Hubs: White Industries CLD.
- Front Axle: Quick Release, compatible with 12 and 15mm Thru Axles with additional adapters.
- Rear Axle: Quick Release, compatible with 12z142 Thru Axles with additional adapters.
- Skewers: Alloy.
- Spokes: Sapim Leader.
- Spoke Nipple: Sapim Brass.
- Spoke Count: 24 front / 28 rear.
- Max. Rider Weight: 190 lbs.
- Claimed Weight: N/A.
Signature will be required when taking delivery of this product.
Comparing bottom bracket types and standards.
You wanna go fast? Join the ceramic revolution!
Make your upgrades count. Here's the equipment that will help you ride your bike faster.
Good wheels make you ride faster.
Campagnolo vs. Shimano vs. SRAM: demystifying groupsets.
What to consider when selecting a crankset for your road bike.