The Choice Of Champions
The MET Trenta 3K Carbon Mips® is a high performance road helmet designed with elite cyclists and worn to victory at Le Tour de France and the monuments of Liége-Bastogne-Liége, Il Lombardia, and The Tour of Flanders. Engineered to keep your head fresh and save you energy with every pedal stroke, the MET Trenta 3K Carbon Mips® is the most advanced road cycling helmet they have ever made, now upgraded with the addition of Mips AIR®, the lightest and most advanced rotational management system.
The construction of the MET Trenta 3K Carbon Mips® is the highest level on the market. Their R&D team have taken advantage of carbon fiber's elastic modulus which allows them to reduce the density of the EPS foam by 20%, without affecting the capacity of the helmet to absorb energy. The result is a lightweight yet better-performing shell that sets a new standard for ventilated helmet design.
Fit & Security
Mips AIR® was specifically developed and designed to be the lightest system possible to reduce rotational energies transferred to the head during specific angular impacts. Unlike traditional Mips cages, Mips AIR® is integrated into the padding of the Trenta 3k Carbon and enables 10-15mm of relative movement between the energy absorbing layer and the padding.
The SAFE-T ORBITAL fit system features an all-round belt that offers 360° adjustment with 4 positions for vertical adjustment and 2 positions for occipital adjustment. Plus it's ponytail and MET USB LED light compatible.
MET built the Trenta 3K Carbon Mips® in such a way that only 30% of the head will be in contact with the helmet when you're wearing it. This allows the other 70% to benefit from the optimized airflow passing through the internal cavity, keeping you cooler as you ride.
Aerodynamics & Ventilation
Originally developed by NACA, precursor to NASA, the position of an inlet at the front of the helmet harnesses the power of the Venturi effect, pushing out warm air within the helmet through specially positioned exhaust ports. This ensures constant airflow through the helmet, without creating drag.
The back of a helmet has a huge impact on how well ventilated it is, with the exit of warm air from within a key priority. The MET Trenta 3K Carbon Mips® features a flat rear deflector inclined at 25°, which makes it possible to include two wide exhausts that optimise airflow when you're on the drops and riding hard.
The low profile Kamm tail of the helmet also has an aerodynamic purpose. It works in synergy with the NACA front vent and the rear deflector to effectively drive airflow, and was developed through specific wind-tunnel testing in the NEWTON laboratory of Milan.
- 3K Carbon Technology, embedded carbon fibre cage to enhance the performance of the shell
- Mips AIR® rotational management system engineered to add protection and save weight
- Exceptionally comfortable and secure on the head thanks to refined internal shape
- In-mould polycarbonate shell with EPS liner
- MET Safe-T Orbital Fit System
- 360° Head belt, vertical and occipital adjustments leave you with an individual fit
- Air Lite straps with adjustable divider to maximize aerodynamic and comfort
- 19 Vents, engineered internal air channeling system to improve ventilation and comfort
- Sunglasses ports to securely dock sunglasses when climbing or resting
- Tube-shaped Kamm virtual foil tail to improve aerodynamics
- Rear deflector to enable a constant airflow in riding position
- Limited head contact surface to maximize ventilation
- Reflective rear decals to enhance visibility in low-light conditions
- Helmet soft bag included
- Certifications CE, AS/NZS, US
Free Exchanges: This product qualifies for free exchanges within the first 60 days after order. We'll cover the shipping both ways for US customers if you need a different size and/or color of this product. Returned product must be in new condition with all labels and packaging. Free exchanges apply only for product in stock or available for backorder.
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
White/Silver Metallic Matte - Small
Mfg PartNum: 3HM146US00SBI2
White/Silver Metallic Matte - Medium
Mfg PartNum: 3HM146US00MBI2
White/Silver Metallic Matte - Large
Mfg PartNum: 3HM146US00LBI2
Black Matte - Small
Mfg PartNum: 3HM146US00SNO2
Black Matte - Medium
Mfg PartNum: 3HM146US00MNO2
Black Matte - Large
Mfg PartNum: 3HM146US00LNO2
Red Iridescent Glossy - Small
Mfg PartNum: 3HM146US00SRO1
Red Iridescent Glossy - Medium
Mfg PartNum: 3HM146US00MRO1
Red Iridescent Glossy - Large
Mfg PartNum: 3HM146US00LRO1