The fastest way through an apocalypse.
Yes, this bike is as fast as it looks – a triple-butted aluminum frame and fork keep it nimble and fast. But to make the fastest urban bicycle, BMC had to make sure nothing could slow it down.
The Alpenchallenge uses an indestructible Gates belt drive chain and an internal-shifting Shimano Alfine 8-speed hub to keep you moving forward through any conditions with very little maintenance needed. The BMC City Kit fenders from Curana are visually and functionally integrated into the alpenchallenge and they offer an innovative quickconnect technology which allows the installation or removal of the fenders in less than a minute. Powerful Shimano hydraulic disc brakes to slow the bike down. And fat, puncture-resistant Continental Sport Contact 28 mm tires roll fast over every surface.
In store purchase only.
Note: Other colors and sizes may be available for this item. Please contact us for specific availability information.
- Frame: Alpenchallenge triple-butted aliuminum
- Fork: Alpenchallenge AC01, aluminum
- Crank: Gates Centertrack belt drive, 55-tooth
- Chain: Gates Centertrack belt drive
- Cassette: Gates Centertrack belt drive, 24-tooth
- Wheelset: Shimano Alfine to DT Swiss R522D
- Tires: Continental Sport Contact II, 700x28c
- Bottom Bracket: Eccentric
- Front Derailleur: n/a
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Alfine 8, internal-shift
- Shifter: Shimano Alfine 8, Rapidfire Plus
- Handlebars: BMC LFB 03 flat bar
- Stem: BMC LSM 03
- Brakes: Shimano M506/M447, 160 mm rotors
- Seatpost: BMC LSP 02
- Wheel Size: 700c (622 ISO)
- Saddle: Selle Royal Sirio
The Granfondo GF01 Disc Carbon 105 Road Bike is available in sizes: small, medium, large and XL.
Sizing details and Geometry are available on the BMC website.
Why buy a bike from Western Bikeworks? You'll get automatic enrollment in our Owner's Club with discounts on service labor, discounts on apparel and accessories, free adjustments, and access to special Owner's Club sales for as long as you own the bike! Click here for details.