Crush winter's worst with the Wolvhammer Cycling Boot from 45NRTH, the only bike brand that focuses solely on cold weather riding.
Inspired by the rugged simplicity of a mountaineering boot, the new and evolved Wolvhammer is lighter, more comfortable, and grippier with increased walking traction. Purpose-built to lock out the harshest elements, its overhauled design features a removable synthetic liner, BOA closure dial, waterproof membrane, and three-piece proprietary bottom assembly compatible with flat and clipless pedals.
From snowy commutes to overnight backcountry odysseys, the winter cycling boot discussion starts and stops with the Wolvhammer.
Features & Specs:
- Rider tested, Viking approved
- Removable synthetic liner boot for quick drying.
- 3-piece proprietary bottom assembly is lighter, warmer offers more walking traction.
- Aerogel insulation blocks cold cleats and allows use of preferred insoles without sacrificing warmth.
- Temperature rated 0 to 25F / -18 to -4C Comfort.
- Coated microfiber with ballistic nylon underlays and Techtuff toe outside of a waterproof-breathable membrane.
- 3/4 length fiberglass-injected nylon nested inside EVA foam for reduced weight, added comfort and increased traction.
- 45NRTH real rubber outsole with anti-slip microglass rubber lugs, flat pedal and 2-bolt compatible.
- 200g Primaloft quilted inside removable liner boot; 2mm aerogel blanket under the foot to thermally block metal cleats.
- Single-zone BOA M3 mid-power reel and lacing system.
- XX-wide last with tall toe box for extra insulation on top of the foot.
- Full sizes only.
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. Cleats may have been mounted leaving minor marks on the soles. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
Discount Codes are not applicable to Closeouts.
This product is NOT Eligible for VIP Points.
This size chart provides our best estimate for which European shoe size to choose based on your US shoe size. This will not necessarily match the US size shown on the product, but it is the best guidance we can provide for this particular brand.
If we've noticed that any particular model deviates from the standardized chart, we will list this information in the product description.
Please contact us with any questions.
Cleat Compatibility: 2 Hole
Black - 42
Mfg PartNum: SH0114P
Very happy with my purchase of the Wolvhammer. I ride throughout the snows of upstate NY (US) winters, where temps will often drop to 0 degrees F. My prior winter boots didn't hold the warmth, especially at the toes, so I would have to supplement with a heated insert. These boots are both warm and waterproof. Ordered a 1/2 size up from my normal foot size to accommodate a thicker sock and fit is excellent.
When first looking at boots I was not sold on the clipless option, but these boots have changed my mind.
Overall the fit is as advertised. No need to size up for larger warmer socks, it's already included.
Boots have been warn at 0 deg F and warmer and each time my feet were almost too warm.
The BOA system is quite nice, foot is easy to get in and out of the boots. I wish there were 2 BOAs though like it's warmer brother. The clamping system seems to be quite hard to get snug at the toe section of the boots.
Mud/water resistant up to the little notch in the boot to cuff. At that point the tongue of the boot separates. (just above the second eye in the picture).
I live in the Midwest, we get snow and lots and lots of cold. I have always had issues keeping my hands and feet warm. I've solved the hand issue last year but my feet still continued to be cold. I purchased these boots after getting a recommendation from a guy I met in northern MN at a mountain bike race. I purchased a size larger given I'd be wearing a liner and wool sock.
I've ridding with these boots 250+ miles so far this winter, from temp in the single digits to the mid 20's. My feet have never been cold in these boots - they are remarkable. I have Crank Brothers egg beaters, the boots work great with them (with the required shim).
100% endorsing these boots!