Ground control to Major Tom.
Introducing the latest rim and wheelset by Velocity, the Major Tom. Tubular. Wide. Fast. The Major Tom brings together everything you have been looking for when taking that next step in the cyclocross circuit. Blending qualities from our popular A23 clincher and Escape tubular rims, the 23mm wide Major Tom provides improved traction for unparalleled ground control. Designed with an 11mm braking surface for precise handling and braking, along with our seam relief channel which allows for consistent and reliable tubular tire installation. Now take your protein pills and put your helmet on!
- Blending features from the A23 and the Escape rims, this is Velocity's fastest wheelset for 'cross riding.
- Seam relief channel allows for consistent and reliable tubular tire installation.
- 11mm brake surface for precise handling and braking.
- Rim Material: Alloy.
- Wheel Size: 700c.
- Tire Type: Tubular.
- Rim Depth: 21mm.
- Rim Width: 23mm (external).
- Brake Compatibility: Rim.
- Hubs: Velocity.
- Front Axle: Quick release.
- Rear Axle: Quick release.
- Skewers: alloy.
- Spokes: DT Competition.
- Spoke Nipple: Brass.
- Spoke Count: 28 front / 32 rear.
- Claimed Weight: 1,724g.
Discount Codes are not applicable to Closeouts.
Comparing bottom bracket types and standards.
You wanna go fast? Join the ceramic revolution!
Make your upgrades count. Here's the equipment that will help you ride your bike faster.
Good wheels make you ride faster.
Campagnolo vs. Shimano vs. SRAM: demystifying groupsets.
What to consider when selecting a crankset for your road bike.
Ride smoother, faster, and lighter with tubular tires.