Four Decades of Expertise
Castelli's lead product developer was 16 years old when she started her first job making buttonholes in the pockets of Castelli wool shorts in a factory just outside Milan. Soon she was stitching in the real leather chamois and would then go on to manage the factory. Maurizio Castelli noticed her attention to detail, and he hired her away from the contract factory to head up quality control inside Castelli.
Finally, she moved up to lead product developer, a position she has held for more than 20 years.The Premio 2 Bibshort is a direct result of Sonia's four decades of experience. There are the obvious things, like developing the right fabrics and knowing how to stitch in a seat pad. But those years of experience also led her to combine a new grip application to a raw-cut edge to make a leg ending that stays in place with no binding whatsoever. Then there is the rich texture and ideal stretch of the bib straps, and the flattering lines of the minimalist cuts.
Working alongside Maurizio Castelli taught Sonia the value of constantly striving for perfection, attention to detail, and the art of bringing together craft and performance. That experience comes together in the Premio Bibshort.
- Vortex dimpled fabric on legs for aero performance
- Forza fabric on inner legs with 38% Lycra® content for a perfect fit
- Stripe mesh engineered lie-flat bib strap construction keeps you cool
- GIRO4 leg gripper elastic for better grip distributed over a larger area
- Doppio V construction in front for increased comfort Flat-lock stitching
- Progetto X2 Air Seamless Donna women's-specific seat pad