SKS makes some really well thought out products. This is one of them. This front fender is designed for bikes that may not take a large, permanently affixed fender. It attaches quickly, and allows for a wide range of adjustment. It is not a full coverage fender, but it will help keep the spray off your pants and shoes. I put this on my single speed so I could continue riding it in the winter.
I wanted to throw a full fender on the front of my bike, but unfortunately there aren't any eyelets on the Enve CX fork that I'm running. I stumbled upon the S-Board and decided to give it a try. I've only ridden in foul weather a handful of times with this fender, but can safely say it works and it does a brilliant job at keeping road spray off of me. With the fender on, I don't even think twice about riding in the wet anymore as I know I won't get soaked or covered in grit like before.
- Mounts quickly and easily via the rubber straps.
- Clears the 700x40c tire I'm running. Can possibly clear up to 42s.
- Stealth in appearance. The all black finish blends in nicely with the forkfront wheel.
- Can quickly remove it if it's not needed. No hardware to mess with. Just undo the straps and you're off.
- Can be a bit longer for more coverage. I ended up installing a mudflap on the end for even better wet weather coverage.
Simple to attach and keeps the front wheel spray to a minimum. It doesn't extend past the fork crown, so don't expect it to keep that forward spray to from coming back at you. All that being said, I don't think you can find a better clip on fender.