Aero, Disc, Tubeless, No Heartbreak
Zipp's 808 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-wheelset is all about science to achieve speed. That's the perfect approach for Zipp's stiff deep-rim choice for criteriums, road racing, or any kind of hammer-fest.
At 80mm deep, its rim is designed to make you faster in every way. Zipp's Total System Efficiency design approach, or TSE, infuses the 808 Firecrest with new features, including a huge drop in weight from its previous iteration, well more than 280 grams.
The wheel is designed with a hookless and tubeless rim profile and 23mm internal width. That's ideal for running wider tires at lower pressure for reduced rolling resistance and greater cornering grip. In fact, TSE attacks the four primary barriers to speed: Wind Resistance, Gravity, Rolling Resistance, and Vibration Losses.
Zipp's legendary Firecrest rim shape provides high aero efficiency and crosswind stability. Also, Zipp's ABLC Technology uses a complex dimpling pattern to improve aero efficiency.
Disc brakes also offer more reliable speed modulation and braking power in all weather conditions. Zipp's German-engineered ZR1 DB Hubset provides quick engagement with robust durability, adding to the punchiness of the 808 Firecrest.
- TSE design with 23mm internal width with tubeless and hookless rim profile
- Minimum 25mm tire, 28mm tire optimal
- Almost 274g lighter than previous model
- ZR1 DB hub with 66 points of engagement
- An all-out aero 80mm rim profile
- ABLC dimple design helps manage air flow around the rim
- Superior modulation and stopping power of disc brakes
- Center locking rotor interface. Lockring is included
- Built with Sapim CX Sprint J-bend spokes
- XDR or SRAM/Shimano driver bodies
- Campagnolo N3W Driver body sold separately
- Ships with 12mm front and rear end caps
- Lifetime warranty
FREE Cassette Installation - Order a cassette along with a wheelset and we can install the cassette for free. Cassette installation requires special tools that not all our customers have. The cassette will be professionally installed and torqued to spec. Just add "Please install cassette" to your order notes at checkout and we'll take care of you.
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
Signature will be required when taking delivery of this product.
Articles will open in new tab.
You wanna go fast? Join the ceramic revolution!
Make your upgrades count. Here's the equipment that will help you ride your bike faster.