Backorder: This item is currently out of stock but is available to purchase today as a backorder. The expected availability date shown above is our best estimate as to when it will be shipped to you, but this date is subject to change based on our receipt of this item from its vendor. Shipping in the continental US is free for all backorder items (for international orders, our customer service team will contact you when the item is available to ship). Your credit card will not be charged until your item ships (Paypal requires payment up front, but you can cancel for full refund). Anytime prior to shipment, your backorder can be cancelled by contacting our customer service team.
The fastest, taken further.
The Zipp 404 is the gold-standard when it comes to aero carbon road wheels, but that doesn't mean it couldn't shine even brighter with a little bit of polish. This 404 Firecrest Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset offers the best-in-class aero efficiency and stability, and blends in disc brake compatibility and tubeless riding. Featuring a purpose-built rim specifically for disc brake setups, this lighter, stiffer rim measure 58mm deep for outstanding aerodynamic performance.
Down below, these wheels feature an upgraded 77D / 177D disc hubset that offers better bearing protection and durability all while needing less upkeep. The 77D / 177D hubs spin freely without requiring a preload adjustment as they're already precision-set from the factory, and 17 mm axles provide superior strength. Redesigned hub flanges optimize the spoke geometry of the Sapim® CX-Sprint spokes for torsional and lateral stiffness. Finally, with their 6-bolt compatible hubs, you'll receive highly modular, totally reliable all-weather and all terrain braking.
Includes Zipp Tangente Quick Release Skewers, Zipp Tubeless valve – factory installed, Tubeless rim tape – factory installed, Valve core removal tool, Zipp 77D/177D thru-axle caps to fit 12x100, 15x100 dropouts for front wheels, and 12x142 dropouts for rear wheels, and Freehub body spacer – 11 to 10 speed.
- 58mm deep carbon fiber aero wheelset, featuring disc brake and road tubeless compatibility..
- Proprietary Firecrest rim shape provides aerodynamic benefits and improves handling in crosswinds.
- ABLC dimples across the rim smooth the airflow across the rim's surface.
- Rim Material: Carbon fiber.
- Wheel Size: 700c.
- Tire Type: Tubeless clincher.
- Rim Depth: 58mm.
- Rim Width: 19mm (internal), 26.4mm (external).
- Brake Compatibility: Disc, 6-bolt rotors.
- Hubs: 77D front, 177D rear.
- Front Axle: Quick release, compatible with 10x100 and 12x100 thru axle (caps included).
- Rear Axle: Quick release, compatible with 12x142 thru axles (caps included).
- Skewers: Zipp Tangente Quick Release Skewer.
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray.
- Spoke Nipple: Sapim Secure Lock.
- Spoke Count: 24 front and rear.
- Max. Rider Weight: 250lbs.
- Claimed Weight: 800g front, 915g rear, 1715g set..
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years.
Signature will be required when taking delivery of this product.
Comparing bottom bracket types and standards.
You wanna go fast? Join the ceramic revolution!
Make your upgrades count. Here's the equipment that will help you ride your bike faster.
Good wheels make you ride faster.
Campagnolo vs. Shimano vs. SRAM: demystifying groupsets.
What to consider when selecting a crankset for your road bike.