The dynamic duo.
Designed for the ultimate balance between deep-dish efficiency, and responsive aerodynamics, the 404/808 NSW Carbon Clincher Wheelset from Zipp is a pro-proven combination. Up front, Zipp's 58mm-deep 404 NSW rim spins up quick, while the 82mm-deep 808 NSW out back provides tangible gains in aerodynamic efficiency and stability. Labeled NSW, these wheels are the best of the best from Zipp's Nest research and development division.
Both rims feature a 27.8 mm wide profile and an updated ABLC™ SawTooth™ dimpling pattern for even better aero efficiency and crosswind stability. ImPress™ graphics make an aesthetically subtle but significant upgrade performance-wise by printing the logos directly onto the wheel so the work of the aerodynamic dimpling is unaffected unlike with traditional wheel decals. Zipp made sure to provide ample deceleration capacity to match the NSW's increase in speed. Along the outer edges of the rim, you'll find their industry-leading Showstopper™ brake track which incorporates molded-in grooves for consistent wet-weather performance along with extremely strong and abrasion-resistant silicon-carbide particles in the resin. In combination with a rough media-blasted finish, the result is unparalleled braking power and manipulation even in the wettest of weather.
It's not just the rims that passed through The Nest's speed-multiplying program either. The 18 front / 24 rear Sapim CX-Ray spokes are laced to an improved Cognition™ hubset that features uses Axial Clutch™ technology that reduces drag by using a magnet-operated 36-tooth freehub mechanism that disengages when coasting. It also features star-shaped flanges out back along with a scalloped hub shell on the front that serve to reduce the loads placed on the bearings for extended longevity and smoothness.
The Zipp 404/808 NSW Carbon Clincher Wheelset includes Zipp Tangente skewer (404) and black titanium skewer (808), Zipp valve extender by Silca, Zipp individual wheel bags, Zipp Platinum Pro Evo carbon-specific brake pads, Zipp tubes (700c x 19-25mm), Zipp rim tape (700c x 20mm).
- Variable rim depth for optimal balance between aerodynamic efficiency and stability.
- ABLC™ SawTooth™ dimple design increases aerodynamic efficiency and stability – even in crosswinds.
- ImPress™ graphics print decals directly onto rim, resulting in a smooth surface that doesn't negate aero gains.
- Rim Material: Carbon.
- Wheel Size: 700C.
- Tire Type: Clincher.
- Rim Depth: 58mm (front), 82mm (rear).
- Rim Width: 17.25mm (internal), 27.8mm (external).
- Brake Compatibility: Rim brake.
- Hubs: Cognition.
- Front Axle: Quick Release.
- Rear Axle: Quick Release.
- Skewers: Zipp Tangente (404), Black Titanium (808).
- Spokes: apim CX-Ray.
- Spoke Nipple: Sapim Secure-lock.
- Spoke Count: 18 Front / 24 Rear.
- Max. Rider Weight: 250lbs.
- Claimed Weight: 705g Front / 980g Rear / 1,685g Set.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years.
Signature will be required when taking delivery of this product.
Comparing bottom bracket types and standards.
You wanna go fast? Join the ceramic revolution!
Make your upgrades count. Here's the equipment that will help you ride your bike faster.
Good wheels make you ride faster.
Campagnolo vs. Shimano vs. SRAM: demystifying groupsets.
What to consider when selecting a crankset for your road bike.