Smarter than the storm.
When winter weather comes knocking, it brings with it unforgivingly cold storms with rain, sleet, or snow. While the determined – or geographically lucky – few brave the harsh outdoors, with the Tacx Vortex Smart Trainer you won't need to take the risk of icy roads, low visibility, and cold temperatures. Featuring an 8-magnet Electro Brake system, the Vortex Smart replicates the feeling of riding on asphalt, and can even simulate the resistance of a back-country climb. Providing up to 950 watts of resistance, or the equivalent of a 7% gradient, the Vortex Smart lets you simulate the great outdoors from the warm, dry comfort of home.
The Tacx Vortex Smart Trainer communicates with smartphones, tablets, headunits, or computers with Bluetooth® or ANT+ technology, allowing for remote access of training data. The Vortex is also compatible with third-party applications like Zwift.
- Bundle includes tablet holder, sweat cover, 1 free month of Zwift and 3 free months of Tacx TDA software
- Bluetooth® and ANT+ compatibility communicates data to smartphones, headunits, or tablets.
- Magnetic resistance unit is usable as standalone trainer without smartphone.
- Electro Brake provides 950 watts of resistance, replicating the feeling of up to 7% of gradient.
- Unique dual-material roller features a hardened steel sleeve and a soft core of elastogel.
- Compatible with third-party apps like Zwift, TrainerRoad, or SufferFest.
- Tacx Utility App allows remote updating of the trainer when new features arrive.
- Includes integrated 1.7kg flywheel, Skyliner front wheel support, quick release.
Returns: This product is overweight and/or oversize and does not qualify for our fixed rate return shipping label. If you need to return this item, we can offer a return shipping label at our discounted shipping rates, or you can arrange for your own return shipping.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
great smart trainer that doesn't break the bank
1 of 1 customers found this review helpful.
this is the complete off season training tool. the app sets up easily also. downside is you have to get a separate thru axle adapter if your bike has such. the resistance changes were fast and the telemetry accurate.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.
Articles will open in new tab.
Keep it going all winter long. Here's a guide to trainer types.