Be adventurous. Be versatile.
For the riders who dares to not be limited to one discipline, the Shimano SH-XC5 Mountain Bike shoe is the high-performance mid-range shoe for the sending it down the mountain, riding miles of single-track to exploring logging roads and rough gravel. When your days in the saddle are becoming increasingly versatile, having the stiffness and durability of a burly mountain bike shoe, without the weight, will allow you to transition across any terrain and be well prepared for whatever comes next.
The XC501; not just for MTB.
Shimano's versatility with this shoes comes from using top materials, like the synthetic leather uppers and lightweight carbon fiber reinforced insoles. While you have a snug and comfortable fit, the carbon fiber gives you the necessary stiffness for all types of adventures, without excessive weight.
Keep your ride options open.
To best prepare you for dominating gnarly conditions, including an off-the-bike slog through washed-out trails and mud, the exclusive Michelin high-traction rubber outsole will shed that mud-built up during treks out in the middle of nowhere and when you're putting it all out on the line during a cyclocross race. When the ride gets extreme, reinforced spike mounts are there to keep you moving forward without losing traction.
- Low stack height midsole helps stabilize foot, maximizes power transfer and efficiency
- Surround wrapping upper structure reduces overlap, provides Glove-like fit
- Mesh/TPU/Synthetic leather composite upper provides comfortable fit and better breathability
- Boa® L6 dial for quick and precise micro-adjustment
- Glass fiber reinforced midsole for power transfer
- Exclusive MICHELIN® high-traction, mud-shedding tread pattern outsole
- Reinforced spike mount for extreme conditions, 18 mm spike option