Backorder: This item is currently out of stock but is available to purchase today as a backorder. The expected availability date shown above is our best estimate as to when it will be shipped to you, but this date is subject to change based on our receipt of this item from its vendor. Shipping in the continental US is free for all backorder items (for international orders, our customer service team will contact you when the item is available to ship). Your credit card will not be charged until your item ships (Paypal requires payment up front, but you can cancel for full refund). Anytime prior to shipment, your backorder can be cancelled by contacting our customer service team.
The over-achieving aero performer.
Combining Rolf Prima's wind-cutting paired spoke technology with their Delta rim profile, the Ares4 7.0 Carbon Wheelset is both feather light and incredibly responsive. With 42mm of depth and 26mm of width, the wheelset provides exceptional aero performance – especially when paired with the modern wider road tires.
With Rolf Prima's XST5.5 hubset, this version of the Ares4 is compatible with Center Lock Disc rotors for all-season, all-condition braking. Inside, Enduro's Zer0 Ceramic Bearings keep the hubset spinning effortlessly. New for 2018, Rolf Prima's T2 High Engagement drive mechanism for even faster engagement.
The Rolf Prima Ares4 Disc Carbon Clincher Wheelset includes rim strips, valve extender, and a QR set when applicable.
- Built in the USA.
- An ideal all-around wheel for triathlon or road racing or training.
- 42mm deep carbon fiber rim.
- Center Lock Disc-compatible hubset provides all season, all condition braking.
- Claimed weight: 1,495g wheelset.
- Also available with rim brake-compatible TdF5.5 hubs.
- Rim Material: Carbon fiber.
- Wheel Size: 700c.
- Tire Type: Clincher.
- Rim Depth: 42mm.
- Rim Width: 17mm (internal), 26mm (external).
- Brake Compatibility: Disc, Center Lock rotors.
- Hubs: XST5.5 (Center Lock) w/ T2 High Engagement & Enduro Zer0 Ceramic Bearings.
- Front Axle: Quick release.
- Rear Axle: Quick release.
- Spokes: Sapim Bladed CX-Ray.
- Spoke Count: 20 front and rear.
- Claimed Weight: 690g front, 805g rear, 1,495g set.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 5 years.
Signature will be required when taking delivery of this product.
Comparing bottom bracket types and standards.
You wanna go fast? Join the ceramic revolution!
Make your upgrades count. Here's the equipment that will help you ride your bike faster.
Good wheels make you ride faster.
Campagnolo vs. Shimano vs. SRAM: demystifying groupsets.
What to consider when selecting a crankset for your road bike.