The future called, it wants its wheels back.
The Reynolds Cycling Aero 46 DB Wheelset is a future-ready carbon fiber wheelset for those of us in search of a top-tier wheelset that isn't going to become obsolete in 6 months. With a tubeless-ready, aerodynamically-optimized carbon fiber rim and disc brake compatibility, it's a safe bet that the Aero 46 DB Wheelset will be a common sight at start lines across the racing world.
The wheels are built on Reynolds Dispersive Effect Termination (DET) rim design, the 46mm-deep rims start with a NACA-shape that most cyclists are familiar with, yet widens it to a maximum width of 28mm. This allows the tire and rim to interface nearly seamlessly, providing reduced turbulence, increased lateral rigidity, and a more comfortable ride over all. This smooths the airflow over the wheel/tire area, allowing it to reattach at the rear of the rim to prevent dead trailing air that can add to drag. However, the DET design does more than improve the rim/tire interface, it also improves cross wind stability and performance, netting aerodynamic gains between 0 – 20º of yaw.
Down below, Reynolds laces the Aero 46 rim to custom hubs from Industry Nine, offering center lock rotor mount compatibility and lightning-fast engagement. 20 front and 24 rear spokes bolster stiffness while keeping the weight as low as possible, allowing these wheels to spin effortlessly.
The Reynolds Cycling AERO 46 DB Wheelset is available For 11-speed Shimano/SRAM drivetrains, or with the SRAM XD 11/12-speed driver.
- Industry-leading aerodynamic performance and cross wind stability from their Dispersive Effect Termination rim profile.
- Wide, tubeless-ready rim provides better fit for higher-volume tires, increasing grip and lowering rolling resistance.
- Precision manufactured hubs from Industry Nine offer low rolling resistance and quick engagement.
- Center Lock Rotor compatibility.
- Claimed weight: 1,525 grams.
- Rim width: Internal – 19mm, External – 28mm.
- Spoke count: 20 Front, 24 Rear.
- Front axle: 12x100 & 15x100 Thru Axle (included), QR 100 (Available separately).
- Rear axle: 12x142 (included), QR 135 & 12x135 (Available separately).
Signature will be required when taking delivery of this product.
Comparing bottom bracket types and standards.
You wanna go fast? Join the ceramic revolution!
Make your upgrades count. Here's the equipment that will help you ride your bike faster.
Good wheels make you ride faster.
Campagnolo vs. Shimano vs. SRAM: demystifying groupsets.
What to consider when selecting a crankset for your road bike.