Combined expertise in aerodynamics and Computational Fluid Dynamics paved the way for Profile Design’s first-class 58/TwentyFour Clincher Wheelset. To achieve the best rim profile for crosswind handling and reduced drag, Profile Design’s aero experts collaborated with a team of CFD technicians in designing, testing, and refining scores of rim prototypes. Ultimately the 58mm medium-dish rim profile of the 58/TwentyFour distinguished itself as the winner; its subtle curve and rounded spoke-facing edge mitigates crosswind force while an external width of 24.5mm flattens the sidewalls, delivering impressive stability and smooth rolling.
The forged and machined 6061-T6 aluminum hub and shot-peened hard anodized 7001-T6 aluminum freehub deliver stiffness and an 18% increase in material strength, according to Profile Design, which translates to nimble shifting and greater power transfer that’ll give you a leg up in reaching your racing and riding goals.
For greater durability and braking performance, Profile Design developed a proprietary high Tg point resin for their TwentyFour series wheelsets that’s, according to PF, 30% higher than other “high” Tg resins.
- Rim Material: Carbon fiber.
- Wheel Size: 700c.
- Tire Type: Clincher.
- Rim Depth: 58mm.
- Rim Depth (inside): 17mm.
- Rim Width 17mm (internal), 24.5mm (external).
- Hubs: 6061-T6 Alloy.
- Bearing size: 699 (front); 6802 (rear).
- Front Axle: Not specified.
- Rear Axle: Not specified.
- Skewers: QR.
- Spoke Material: Stainless Steel.
- Spoke Shape: Straight Pull, Bladed.
- Spoke Pattern: Radial (front); Radial/2 cross (rear).
- Spoke Nipple: 7075 Alloy Polyax Double Square.
- Spoke Count: 20 (front); 24 (rear).
- Max. Rider Weight: 220lbs.
- Claimed Weight: 728g (front); 904g (rear).
- Compatibility: Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11spd; Campagnolo 10/11spd w/ separately sold Campagnolo-specific freehub.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 year limited.
Signature will be required when taking delivery of this product.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
Awesome set of wheels!
These are some great all around wheels! I use them every day, even in training and they are bombproof. Then they can turn around and perform well on race day with some great aerodynamics!
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.
Comparing bottom bracket types and standards.
You wanna go fast? Join the ceramic revolution!
Make your upgrades count. Here's the equipment that will help you ride your bike faster.
Good wheels make you ride faster.
Campagnolo vs. Shimano vs. SRAM: demystifying groupsets.
What to consider when selecting a crankset for your road bike.