The key to staying comfortable on cold days
To build a better base layer, Pearl Izum started with a way better of apparel design -- and fibers recycling from plastic water bottles.
With their Merino wool, long-sleeve base layer, they used a construction method called plating to seat recycled polyester technical fibers next to skin. This whisks moisture away to the Merino layer where it can evaporate even as the wool acts as insulation.
Rounding out the feature set of the Merino Long Sleeve Baselayer is a set-in sleeve design for a versatile form-following fit to make layering easy.
Features & Specs:
- Transfer Merino fabric combines wool and recycled polyester for sustainable technical performance
- Unique plated fabric construction places polyester next to skin and merino on the exterior for superior moisture transfer and thermal regulation
- Made using fine 18.5-micron merino wool for superior comfort
- Recycled Repreve® XS Polyester technical fibers are made from recycled plastic water bottles
- Set in sleeve construction for easy layering and versatility
- Wool Blend Performance certified by the Woolmark Company to ensure the highest quality product