Shredders in a shell short.
The Pearl Izumi Men's Elevate Short is their best all-mountain shell short. Featuring a 15" inseam and durable fabric, they are designed with extra room to slip smoothly over kneepads. A durable, water repellent finish sheds slop and ensures they clean up easily, so they are ready to be worn again and again.
- Water-resistant DWR treatment on fabric keeps the elements out.
- 4-way stretch ripstop polyester main body fabric for optimal durability and mobility.
- Snap front closure with zip fly.
- Internal waist adjustment.
- 15" inseam with large leg opening for knee pad compatibility.
- Made without a chamois or liner short.
- Claimed weight: 326 grams (size medium).
Ordered by Most Relevant First
Great short, but could be better
by Need another hobby
I'm a big fan of Pearl Izumi stuff, have a lot of their gear. Short fit's true to size. I'm 6ft, 185lbs, 34 fits great around the waist. I do however find the leg length to be awkward. Too long to fall below the knee and not short enough to sit above the knee. It catches the leg in a tough spot and limits movement, often with the knee getting caught and not being able to bend fully at the top of the pedal stroke. Also it lacks ventilation holes, making it a hot pant in the summer. I also have a pair of Dakine Syncline (my favorite MTB shorts), with slightly shorter leg and inner leg laser cut mesh panels which makes them a 1000 times cooler on hot days.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.