The Park Tool BKD-1.2 Hydraulic Brake Bleed Kit will bleed most models of DOT fluid-based hydraulic disc brakes, including models made by SRAM®, Formula®, Hayes®, and Hope®. Bleeding of hydraulic brakes removes air bubbles and contaminants from the braking system, for long-lasting components and peak performance.
The BKD-1.2 is built for the rigors of daily commercial use, and includes two syringes, hoses with shutoff clips, multi-size bleed blocks and a set of our unique mountable syringe holders, as well as multiple hose fittings to fit the multiple standards found on hydraulic bicycle brake systems. Every part is replaceable and available from Park Tool. Housed in a rugged storage case.
- Two 20 mL syringes
- Two hose assemblies with shutoff clips
- Two 10 mm/12 mm universal bleed blocks
- Two 11 mm bleed blocks for Hayes® systems
- Two adjustable syringe holders
- M5 x 0.8 adapters— SRAM® (x2)
- M6 x 1.0 adapter— universal (x2)
- Bleeding Edge-specific fitting — SRAM®
- Hose compression sleeve — universal
- Set of spare O-rings and hose
- Replacement parts available
- Brake fluid not included
- NOTE: The BKD-1.2 is for DOT fluid-based hydraulic bicycle brake systems only. DOT fluid and mineral oil should never be mixed in the brake system or in their respective service tools. Cross-contamination of brake fluid may cause seal failure which may result in brake failure. For mineral oil brake systems use the Park Tool BKM-1.2 Hydraulic Brake Bleed Kit — Mineral Oil.
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
Mfg PartNum: TL0258
Please understand that this review isn't meant to just hate on Park Tools, most of their tools are great. I'm a pro bike mechanic and I've been using Park Tools professionally for 30 years which is why I'm so disappointed in the quality and performance of this tool. I clean all of my tools after every use and I use fresh Sram Dot fluid. The first problem is the price, the DOT Park bleed kit is the most expensive of all of the bleed kits, as such I expect it to be the best. Sadly it's far from it. (Plot twist, the Jagwire kit is the best, by FAR.) The bleed kit was made with O rings in the syringes that don't work with Dot fluid, so they swell after the first use, the hoses not only swell and leak but discolor after the first use. After two uses I had to zip tie the hoses so they would stop leaking. I ended up emailing Park about the issues I was having and they sent me an entire rebuild kit. After rebuilding the syringes, I kept having the issue, the hoses leak, the O rings go bad, so yet again Park sent me a rebuild kit. Only this time they sent new hoses and syringes too. So I essentially ended up with a complete replacement, the only problem is it didn't fix anything. The hoses leak unless you zip tie the hoses on and the O rings go bad.
Short story long, stay away from this bleed kit. It's better than nothing if you don't have access to any other kit, but the Jagwire bleed kit is FAR better and the Sram kit is much better.