Same Great Shades...
The best athletes in the world are constantly seeking an edge. That sentiment is what helped inspire the creation of the Oakley Encoder Strike sunglasses. Building on experience from Team Oakley athletes, their designers blended functional needs with heritage elements to create a frame that offers a premium solution for athletes seeking peak performance.
The lens shape is enabled by PhysioMorphic Geometry™ and in a cut inspired by their Razor Blades heritage style. At the same time, the sunglasses' ventilated design allows for optimal airflow. The frame is made of O Matter™ material to provide strength, comfort, and durability.
...TdF Limited Style
The 2023 Tour de France Collection from Oakley® takes inspiration from one of the most recognizable symbols in cycling: the yellow jersey. The prestigious jersey is worn every day by the leader of the general individual classification and bestowed on the overall winner at the Champs-Ã‰lysÃ©es. Wearing this jersey, even if for one stage only, is considered one of the greatest accomplishments in the sport as it exudes excellence and prestige in all who earn the privilege of wearing it. The collection, which features best-selling styles including Encoder Strike, Sutro Lite Sweep, Radar EV Path and Sylas, are all treated with Oakley's brand-new Tour de France speed splatter paint technique. The concept behind the technique was to give each frame an impression of speed, direction and movement to represent the riders competing. All of the Tour de France Collection eyewear comes with the Tour's logo laser etched into the lens and a custom microbag and packaging.
- MULTI-SPORT DESIGN - Functional sport design with optimized coverage, wider field of view, frame retention and impact protection.
- REVOLUTIONARY LENS DESIGN - Advancements in optical design have allowed the lens to be designed with an extended wrap and rigidity in key areas that mimic the structural properties of a frame.
- EXTENDED LENS SHAPE - Larger lens shape inspired by Oakley's Razor Blades
- HAT AND HELMET FIT TEMPLES - O-Matter™ temples have been designed to be low profile to fit with hats and helmets.
- NO-SLIP GRIP - Unobtainium® earsocks and nosepads help provide sport level retention with a no-slip grip and all-day comfort.
- SEE MORE DETAILS - Available with Prizm™ lenses that are designed to enhance color, contrast so you can see more detail.
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
Mfg PartNum: OO9235-0739
I've long used Oakley Sutro Lite glasses and I needed to replace them. These have outdone the Sutros in terms of the fit and clarity of the optics. There is a slight distortion around the nose, but you quickly adapt. Arms of the frames fit better into my helmet than the Sutro. My only complaint is that these do let a bit more wind in at 35+mph than the Sutros. All in all, a great deal, especially since these are ~half the price of the other Encoders