Lightweight, heavy duty.
Mavic's first full-carbon mountain bike wheelset, the XA Pro Carbon delivers the kind of high-caliber trail performance that only Mavic can offer. The layup of the unidirectional carbon in combination with 2-cross steel spoke lacing and an asymmetrical spoke bed allows the wheel to be both laterally stiff and vertically compliant to get you back to the trailhead as fast and as smoothly as possble.
A 26 mm internal width and hookless rim profile eke the most out of the included 2.35" Quest Pro UST tires that utilize Mavic's X-Mix dual compound rubber for low rolling resistance while still offering superb cornering grip. Their 127 TPI casing is backed by a Guard+ puncture-protection layer to stave of flats and sidewall cuts when riding aggressively or over rough terrain.
Claimed weights are 735 g front, 855 g rear, 1590 g total (wheels only). Compatible with Shimano/SRAM cassettes. 6 bolt rotor mounts. Hubs are compatible 15 x 100 mm front and 12 x 142 mm rear thru axles and standard quick releases with included adapters.
- 29" diameter
- 26 mm internal width
- 32 mm external width
- Quest Pro 2.35" x 29" tires
- 6-bolt rotor mounts
- Tubeless ready
- Shimano 9/10/11, SRAM 9/10 compatible freehub body
- Convertible to XD driver (conversion kit not included)
- Front hub is 15 x 100 mm thru-axle and standard QR compatible with included adapters
- Rear hub is 12 x 142 mm thru-axle and standard QR compatible with included adapters
- 24 count, 2-cross spoke lacing front and rear
- Steel, double-butted, bladed spokes
- Aluminum axles and freehub body
- QRM+ cartridge bearings
- Includes: quick releases, front quick-release adapters, rear 12 x 142 mm adapters, tubeless valves, tubeless sealant, tubeless rim tape, adjustment wrench.
- Recommended tire widths: 1.4" - 2.7"
FREE Cassette Installation - Order a cassette along with a wheelset and we can install the cassette for free. Cassette installation requires special tools that not all our customers have. The cassette will be professionally installed and torqued to spec. Just add "Please install cassette" to your order notes at checkout and we'll take care of you.
Signature will be required when taking delivery of this product.
Articles will open in new tab.
Comparing bottom bracket types and standards.
You wanna go fast? Join the ceramic revolution!
Make your upgrades count. Here's the equipment that will help you ride your bike faster.
Campagnolo vs. Shimano vs. SRAM: demystifying groupsets.
What to consider when selecting a crankset for your road bike.