Mavic's 2019 Aksium Wheelset is great for everyday road riding with its balance of high-quality materials and durable construction. It uses 20 straight-pull spokes, front and rear, for added stiffness and strength. The wider 17mm internal rim width is compatible with tires up to 32mm, making them versatile, comfortable, and ideal for challenging road conditions. The aluminum hubs feature strong QRM bearings that provide low friction and long-term durability.
The 2019 Aksium Wheelset includes the front and rear wheel, rim tape, BR101 quick releases, and a user guide.
- Rim Material: S6000 Aluminum.
- Wheel Size: 622x17C.
- Tire Type: Clincher.
- Rim Depth: 21mm.
- Rim Width: 17mm (internal).
- Brake Compatibility: Rim.
- Hubs: Aluminum, QRM.
- Front Axle: Steel, QR.
- Rear Axle: Steel, QR.
- Skewers: BR101.
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM, converts to Campagnolo w/ optional driver body.
- Spokes: Straight pull, round (front & rear non drive); straight pull flat (rear drive).
- Spoke Nipple: Steel.
- Spoke Count: 20/20.
- Max. Rider Weight: 120kg.
- Claimed Weight: 1840g (w/o tire).
- Manufacturer Warranty: 3-year limited warranty.
Comparing bottom bracket types and standards.
You wanna go fast? Join the ceramic revolution!
Make your upgrades count. Here's the equipment that will help you ride your bike faster.
Good wheels make you ride faster.
Campagnolo vs. Shimano vs. SRAM: demystifying groupsets.
What to consider when selecting a crankset for your road bike.