Mountain-rated, road weighted.
With a proven design and a new 22mm wide (internal) UST-welded rim that’s lighter without compromising strength, the Crossmax Light from Mavic is for XC riders seeking the benefits of tubeless technology. The user-friendly UST system offers all the benefits of tubeless including better traction, comfort and a reduced risk of punctures.
Built with 24 straight-pull, double-butted spokes to save weight and maximize wheel strength, you get just the right balance of efficiency and durability. Power transfer is handled by our alloy TS-2 freehub, which is compatible with all common axle standards. It’s available in Shimano or SRAM XD freehub styles and can be used with quick-release or thru-axle setups with optional adaptors.
- Rim Material: S6000 Aluminum.
- Wheel Size: 29".
- Tire Type: Clincher, tubeless ready.
- Rim Width: 22 mm (internal).
- Brake Compatibility: Disc, 6-bolt rotor.
- Front Axle: Convertible from 15mm thru axle to Quick Release with optional adapters.
- Rear Axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to Quick Release with optional adapters.
- Spokes: Steel double-butted straight pull.
- Spoke Count: 24 front and rear.
- Manufacturer Warranty: 3 year limited.
- Claimed Weight: 825 grams front, 935 grams rear, 1760 grams set.
FREE Cassette Installation - Order a cassette along with a wheelset and we can install the cassette for free. Cassette installation requires special tools that not all our customers have. The cassette will be professionally installed and torqued to spec. Just add "Please install cassette" to your order notes at checkout and we'll take care of you.
Articles will open in new tab.
Comparing bottom bracket types and standards.
You wanna go fast? Join the ceramic revolution!
Make your upgrades count. Here's the equipment that will help you ride your bike faster.
Campagnolo vs. Shimano vs. SRAM: demystifying groupsets.
What to consider when selecting a crankset for your road bike.