Designed to provide those looking for an aerodynamic wheel that doesn't compromise on weight, comfort, or predictability, look no further than the Mavic 2018 Cosmic Pro Carbon SL UST. Benefitting from a 25mm wide rim designed to match the wider tires and offer a seamless wheel-tire transition, the Cosmic Pro handles exceptionally in all conditions. The 40mm deep NACA profile cuts through winds, keeping you going when you're breaking away or chasing down the break. With a weight of just 1,450 grams, the Cosmic Pro accelerates and climbs deceptively fast for how deep it is, while the iTgMax Carbon technology sheds heat for predictable performance whether you're climbing or descending.
With their UST technology, Mavic seeks to make a tubeless setup that is not only more convenient, but also capable of flat-out road racing. Coming paired with their Yksion Pro UST Tires and tubeless tape, this wheelset has everything needed to experience cushy, efficient, and grippy tubeless riding.
The Mavic 2018 Cosmic Pro Carbon SL UST Wheelset comes with Mavic tire sealant, tubeless rim tape, multifunction adjustment wrench, carbon brake pads, UST Valve and accessories, dual BR601 quick release skewers, and the user guide.
- 40mm deep wind tunnel tested NACA profile rim.
- 25mm external width offers perfect tire integration for superior handling in all conditions.
- Superlight wheelset weighs in at 1,450g, with a leading rim weight of 450g.
- Best in Class braking from the iTgMax carbon technology's superior heat resistance.
- Laser-treated single carbon layer rim bed gives predictable braking in all weather.
- Instant Drive 360 Freewheel is compatible with 10/11-speed Shimano or SRAM drivetrains.
- Thru Axle: Not compatible. Dual quick release.
- Includes Mavic Yksion Pro UST Tubeless Ready 700x25c tires.
Signature will be required when taking delivery of this product.
Ordered by Most Relevant First
Great all-around wheelset
I've been on these now for about 600 miles. They are a replacement for a very good set of wheels I hated to part with. I had high expectations.
Observations so far
- Comfortable, Likely mostly due to the 25mm tires but I feel like they are more vertically compliant than other carbon wheels I tested.
- Great lateral stiffness. Power is there the moment I start a sprint.
- Breaking is much better than expected. Significantly better them my older carbon wheelset.
- Freehub has a little more friction then I'd like but it has loosened up over time. I'm sure this is due to a good weather seal which is not a bad thing.
- Easy hub maintenance.
- Breaking hard is very loud.
- Spin-up is fast and fell light.
- Hard to tell without serious test equipment but they feel fast for a 40mm profile. In any case, this is a good profile compromise.
- Tubeless mounted easily with a floor pump
So far I consider these a super value especially when you include tires. I put the Included tires on another bike and some Schwalbe pro 1 tubeless on these. Excellent combo. however, the Mavic tires are much better then I expected and I would not hesitate to run them on this race bike.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.
Comparing bottom bracket types and standards.
You wanna go fast? Join the ceramic revolution!
Make your upgrades count. Here's the equipment that will help you ride your bike faster.
Good wheels make you ride faster.
Campagnolo vs. Shimano vs. SRAM: demystifying groupsets.
What to consider when selecting a crankset for your road bike.