“Sports drinks” are a dime a dozen. But most are the same—just sugar, salt and citric acid. That’s why we made HEED—the healthy alternative. HEED offers complex carbohydrates, a balanced electrolyte profile, and essential nutrients to balance blood sugar, buffer lactic acid, and ensure long-lasting energy.
HEED’s subtle flavor goes down easily, and the absence of citric acid prevents gastric upset and tooth decay. The healthful sweetener xylitol promotes oral health.
NOTE: It is believed that xylitol is unsafe for consumption by dogs; therefore, we do not recommend you feed your dog any xylitol-containing products, including HEED or Recoverite.
- Maltodextrin: A high-glycemic index (GI) complex carbohydrate, ideal for providing fast-acting, long-lasting energy during exercise and for replenishing the body’s glycogen stores after exercise.
- Xylitol: This natural sweetener is found in a variety of fibrous fruits and vegetables. It promotes oral health, as it does not ferment and support the acid-producing bacteria that cause tooth decay.
- Full-spectrum electrolyte profile: The complete profile of sodium, chloride, calcium, magnesium, and potassium helps maintain performance of many important bodily functions during exercise, while also helping protect against muscle cramping.
- L-Carnosine: One of the most versatile and beneficial nutrients available. It buffers lactic acid during exercise and offers antioxidant support.
- Glycine: This amino acid is beneficial for aiding with muscle tissue repair, protecting collagen in joints, and reducing joint pain. Additionally, glycine has a naturally sweet taste, contributing to Recoverite’s delicious flavor.
- L-Tyrosine: Aids in the functioning of the adrenal, pituitary, and thyroid glands, which are responsible for the production and regulation of numerous key hormones. This contributes to increased performance levels and decreased recovery time.
- Chromemate® brand chromium polynicotinate: This trace mineral helps regulate blood sugar and plays a vital role in the synthesis of glucose, fatty acids, and amino acids.
A guide to keeping your body properly fueled and hydrated on your bike.
What you need for a road ride.