Garmin’s Vivofit Jr2 is an activity tracking watch for kids that benefits parents too. The color screen is customizable and the silicone band (stretchy or adjustable) is stylish yet durable so it can stay on all day and night, from playing in the dirt to bath- and bedtime. Each watch is equipped with a low-maintenance user-replaceable battery that lasts up to a year without charging. With the free mobile app, parents can take advantage of Vivofit Jr2 by monitoring their kid’s activities, sleep, and steps when the Vivofit Jr2 syncs to their mobile device. The mobile app allows parents to assign chores/tasks, as well, and award in-app virtual coins that are redeemable for parent-approved rewards (also controlled from parent’s mobile device). For kids that tend to wait until the last minute to complete tasks, parents can schedule alerts and reminders. Vivofit Jr2 incentivizes daily goal completion with its in-app game; as daily 60-minute activity goals are acheived, kids make progress in the game. The in-app game type corresponds to the band’s theme (see drop down menu for band/game options).
- Materials: polymer (case); silicone (strap).
- Weight: 17.5g.
- Water rating: 5 ATM.
- Wrist size: up to 147mm (stretch band); 130-175mm (adjustable band).
- Display type: 8 color memory-in-pixel (MIP).
- Display size: 11 x 11mm.
- Resolution: 88 x 88 pixels.
- Sensors: Accelerometer.
- User replaceable battery lasts up to 1 year without charge.
- Memory/history holds 4 weeks of activity data.
Clock & Smart Features:
- Auto daylight saving time adjustment.
- Bluetooth® connectivity.
- Compatible with iPhone®, Android™.
Activity Tracking Features:
- Step counter.
- Move bar (appears after period of inactivity; walk a few minutes to reset).
- Sleep monitoring (total sleep; movement; restful sleep).
- 60-minute activity goal.
- Virtual coin rewards.
- Task timer (2, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes).
- Audible alerts.
- Unlock new step icons.
- Toe-to-Toe™ Challenges.