Fulcrum Racing 5 DB Road Disc Wheelset
The Fulcrum Racing 5 Road Disc Wheelset is an aluminium wheelset that provides the perfect tyre profile for modern width tyres and supplies exceptional braking performance due to the disc brake specific design. The low assummetic wheel profile provides the wheel with excellent agility and responsiveness, which leads to predictable and effortless steering in the most demanding conditions.
Fulcrum Racing has applied a high level of design and manufacturing detail to the 5 DB which results in an exceptionally well balanced wheelset. The careful construction of hubs, rims, rear freehub and disc rotor mount placement has created a wheelset that is stiff, reactive and can provide instant power transfer from the rider to the road.
- 2-Way Fit: This tubeless system is specifically designed for Fulcrum road wheels when used in conjunction with Schwalbe Tubeless easy (TL-Easy) clincher tyres.
- Disc Specific Rim: Fulcrum is one of the first wheel manufacturers to create two completely different rim profiles, one for rim brakes, one for disc. The aim was to save as much weight as possible for the disc brake rim and to achieve greater aerodynamics. The added rim width means also that tyres with widths of 28mm and upwards can fit perfectly to this rim profile.
- AFS Axle System: Using a disc rotor mount on the hub body and a Thru-axle engagement, Fulcrum have developed an axle system that integrates perfectly with the frame/fork dropouts and provides flex-free performance when putting the power down and optimised stability when applying heavy braking loads to your disc brake calipers.
- Monoblock Disc Hub: The main issue that Fulcrum addressed was to combat the braking force that is applied to the wheel when using disc brakes, which creates a loss in braking power and causes the wheel to flex. Fulcrum designed a hub to be created from a complete Monoblock one-piece system, which features internal stiffening struts. This hub design creates a flex free, stiff wheel foundation that performs to a consistently exceptional level when accelerating and braking.
- Anti-Rotation System: This system locks the spoke in place once the correct tension is achieved. Engineers at Fulcrum have designed this system to ensure the spokes never lose their initial tension and to remain in the position that has been proven to provide the perfect aerodynamic properties.
FREE Cassette Installation - Order a cassette along with a wheelset and we can install the cassette for free. Cassette installation requires special tools that not all our customers have. The cassette will be professionally installed and torqued to spec. Just add "Please install cassette" to your order notes at checkout and we'll take care of you.
Returns: This product is overweight and/or oversize and does not qualify for our fixed rate return shipping label. If you need to return this item, we can offer a return shipping label at our discounted shipping rates, or you can arrange for your own return shipping.
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
The product weight specified is an approximate weight based on the manufacturer's specifications (if available) or our measurement of one or two examples. For most products, the weight will typically vary by 5% to 10%.
Articles will open in new tab.
Comparing bottom bracket types and standards.
You wanna go fast? Join the ceramic revolution!
Make your upgrades count. Here's the equipment that will help you ride your bike faster.
Good wheels make you ride faster.
Campagnolo vs. Shimano vs. SRAM: demystifying groupsets.
What to consider when selecting a crankset for your road bike.