Delivered from the creative binds of fashioning a carbon fiber braking surface, ENVE developed the SES 5.6 Disc Chris King C Wheelset, an envy-exciting lightweight, aerodynamic, and responsive disc brake carbon fiber clincher wheelset. Unburdened by heavy, heat-resistant brake track material, a pair of these rims weigh between 80 and 120 grams less than their standard rim brake counterpart. The SES 5.6 Disc rims showcase an enhanced version of ENVE’s patented SES rim curvature design for even greater aerodynamics. In moving the braking mechanism from the rims to the hubs, this wheelset provides more sensitive braking, steering, and accelerating. Complemented by the ceramic bearings and low-friction seals of Chris King’s thru axle R45 Centerlock™ hubs, the SES 5.6 Disc Wheelset is sure to engender the envy of your competitors.
Wheelset Weight: ~1,474g.
- Weight (Clincher): 450g/470g (Set: 920g).
- Depth: 54mm/63mm.
- Internal Width: 19mm/19mm.
- External Width: 28.75mm/28mm.
- Hole Count: 24/24.
- Effective Rim Diameter: 550mm/533mm.
- Aero Optimized Tire Size: 25c/25c.
Chris King R45 Centerlock™ hubs:
- Attachment: Thru axle.
- Axle size: 100x12mm (Front); 142x12mm (Rear).
- Drill holes: 24 (Front & Rear).
- Bearing: Ceramic.
- Heat-treated, surgical grade steel races.
- 45-point RingDrive™ engagement system.
- Serviceable & rebuildable w/ Chris King R45 hub tool.
Signature will be required when taking delivery of this product.
Comparing bottom bracket types and standards.
You wanna go fast? Join the ceramic revolution!
Make your upgrades count. Here's the equipment that will help you ride your bike faster.
Good wheels make you ride faster.
Campagnolo vs. Shimano vs. SRAM: demystifying groupsets.
What to consider when selecting a crankset for your road bike.