The taste of adventure.
Find the road less travelled on Easton's new EA70 AX Disc 650b wheelset. Joining forces with the EA70 and EC70 AX Bar in their AX adventure road line, the new EA70 AX wheelset has the durability to withstand trail riding but is translated to drop bar applications with center lock hubs and 11-speed road and 12x100 front hub compatibility. From bikepacking adventures loaded with gear, to washboarded gravel descents with only your wheels and tires providing the compliance, Easton's got you covered. The welded tubeless ready rim boasts a generous 24mm internal rim width that increased tire volume and gives an optimal tire profile for 35 to 50C tires. Convertible to quick release and 15 mm thru axle with after market kits. (Requires axle and end caps to be replaced)
- Go anywhere and do anything with this trail-rated road wheel.
- Center Lock disc brake-compatible hubs provide all-weather, all-terrain braking.
- Extra wide 24mm internal width optimized for tires from 35-50c.
- Available in either 700c, or 650b wheel sizes.
- Rim Material: Alloy.
- Wheel Size: 650b.
- Tire Type: Clincher, tubeless ready.
- Rim Depth: 20mm.
- Rim Width: 24mm (internal), 27.5mm (external).
- Brake Compatibility: Disc, center lock rotors.
- Hubs: Easton X5 CL.
- Front Axle: 9x100mm quick release/ 15x100mm thru axle.
- Rear Axle: 10x135mm quick release/12x142mm thru axle.
- Spokes: Straight pull, double butted.
- Spoke Nipple: Alloy.
- Spoke Count: 28 front and rear.
- Claimed weight: 1670g (650b).
- Manufacturer Warranty: Two years.
FREE Cassette Installation - Order a cassette along with a wheelset and we can install the cassette for free. Cassette installation requires special tools that not all our customers have. The cassette will be professionally installed and torqued to spec. Just add "Please install cassette" to your order notes at checkout and we'll take care of you.
Articles will open in new tab.
Comparing bottom bracket types and standards.
You wanna go fast? Join the ceramic revolution!
Make your upgrades count. Here's the equipment that will help you ride your bike faster.
Good wheels make you ride faster.
Campagnolo vs. Shimano vs. SRAM: demystifying groupsets.
What to consider when selecting a crankset for your road bike.