All hail the new king.
The Trail King ProTection derives its tread from the popular Continental Rubber Queen for maximum control in soft mud and rocky conditions. This Apex ProTection version offers increased durability, puncture resistance, and hassle-free tubeless compatibility -- all with a minimal weight sacrifice. To start thing off, Continental equips all trail kind models with their Black Chili rubber compound reserved for their top German-made tires. An open tread patten excels in wet, rocky conditions, and resists pack-up in mud.
The beefed up Protection casing features 4 fabric plies and a total of 240 TPI for extended durability. APEX sidewall reinforcement (2.4 inch only) furthers pinch flat protection at low pressures. And finally, RTR tubeless technology means compatibility with UST and tubeless ready rims when paired with Continental Revo Sealant.
- Advanced Black Chili rubber compound with dense particles for speed, grip and durability
- Tough ProTection casing with 4 fabric plies of 240 TPI.
- Extra fabric ply ensures puncture resistance and sidewall reinforcement over the Race Sport model
- Folding bead
- Tubeless ready.
- 26 x 2.2 Inch (55-559 ISO), 29 x 2.4 Inch (60-559 ISO)
- 825 grams (2.4 inch), 740 grams (2.2 inch)
- Recommended pressure: 36-51 (2.4"), 44-58 (2.2") PSI.
A short primer on emergency bicycle tire repair.
Make your upgrades count. Here's the equipment that will help you ride your bike faster.
Selecting the proper tires for vintage bicycles.
A how-to guide to removing and installing tires, plus some useful tire tips.
Find your tire size in this exhaustive chart.
Know your tire size. This article provides a summary of the common, and not so common, bicycle tire sizes.
Keep on rolling safely with these tire tips and recommendations.
Tubular, clincher, tubeless? Wire bead or Kevlar bead? Application? Find answers here.
The tube run-down: valves, weights, valve stems, sizing, and more.