The Women's Free Aero RC short from Castelli is the perfect mix of comfort and speed. Engineered for top-level racing, which also makes it supremely comfortable for every ride and rider.
It's fair to say that Castelli has been working on this short for the past 15 years. That's how long it's been since the original Free Aero Race Bibshort was first introduced, initially as their top-of-the-line race short. The various versions of the Free have dressed all of Castelli's pro teams over this time, and it also became the best-selling women's short in the history of Castelli because, simply put, this is the short that does everything well.
The concept is quite simple: start with the best pad on the market, surround it with a supportive short with good muscle compression, and then remove everything else that's not absolutely necessary.
You feel Free thanks to the reduced number of panels and the reduced number of seams. In fact, the short has just 5 panels compared to 10 in the previous generation.
You feel Free because of further refinements to the Progetto X2 Air Donna seamless seat pad. The two densities of foam plus the gel pads provide progressive damping, while the separate Skin Care Layer is soft and stretchy to move with your skin.
The Forza 2 fabric has 32% Lycra with a high modulus for exceptional muscle support and just the right amount of compression. There's reflective piping on the back. And all logos are either stitched or embossed for durability.
- High-compression 215 g Forza 2 fabric with 32% Lycra content provides exceptional muscle support and compression
- Women's-specific Progetto X2 Air Donna seamless seat pad is soft against the skin but well padded for long-distance comfort
- 5-panel construction for reduced seams and less chafing
- Stitched scorpion logo patch and embossed Castelli wordmark for durability
- Reflective piping on back of legs
- Raw-cut edge at waist for extra stretch and comfort
- Raw-cut leg ending engineered to stay put without silicone grippers
- Sizes: XS-XL
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
Leg Type: Short
Style Type: Shorts
Black - Small
Mfg PartNum: L4522047010-2
Black - Medium
Mfg PartNum: L4522047010-3
Black - Large
Mfg PartNum: L4522047010-4