Tuned for cool and crisp racing conditions when shorts are still in order, Assos' EQUIPE RS Spring Fall Bib Shorts S9 add a dose of thigh-warming comfort and protection.
Based on the design of their predecessor, the EQUIPE RS S9, these shorts include A-Lock Engineering framework to ensure they remain stabilized in the toughest racing environments. The short's thigh panels are constructed with a brushed-back Osmos Heavy textile, which adds stability. It is the latest addition to the brand's brushed family of fabrics, and its technical two-in-one composition provides several advantages.
The first is that the brushed interior is highly insulating, breathable, and super soft against skin. The warp-knit outer acts as the shell of the shorts, supporting leg muscles with a compressive structure. Together, these two components of the textile create a solid hold on legs, encouraging positive circulation and uniform warmth throughout. Knowing that the wind-facing front panel takes the brunt of the elements, Assos applied Sphere Ultra textile in a double-layer twinDeck construction to lock out the icy cold air around the crotch.
For the insert, designers called on the race-proven EQUIPE RS chamois which comes outfitted with all the bells-and-whistles: superAir microShock foam, 3D waffle topsheet, along with the ASSOS-exclusive goldenGate technology and horizontal stabilizer in the rear.
Features & Specs:
- A-Lock Engineering: S9 system of textiles and technologies working in harmony to stabilize the shorts and secure the insert in place
- Osmos Heavy: This warp-knit feature asymmetrical stretch and a soft, durable construction
- Sphere Ultra: Applied in the twinDeck double-layer construction on the front crotch panel for added thermal insulation. A patented 2L windproof, waterproof, and highly breathable softshell maximizes insulation while minimizing bulk
- rollBar: A patented bracing design that mimics a race car's anti-sway bar by using the bib straps to stabilize the insert and lock it in place as your weight transfers from left to right while cornering.
- ergoBox: A square pattern construction that effectively frames the insert in the back, boxing it in for added stability
- Butterfly Pattern: The primary textile panel fully wrapping the lower back and legs, coming together in the rear. Fewer seams leads to a more uniform hold, less weight, and greater comfort
- Carbon Xbib: A single section of elastic material folded over on itself forms a supportive A-frame that delivers limited vertical stretch in the rear; above the junction, more flexible material is employed to wick moisture and lay flat in the front
- Ultralight Leg Grippers: New Lycra leg band structure naturally grips the thigh to deliver a smooth, ultralight hold
- EQUIPE RS Insert (no krater): Race-spec elastic interface insert in 3D basalt colorway, minus the kraterCooler ventilation holes in the front
- superAir microShock foam: A lightweight open cell foam with a shock absorbing composition that returns to its original position, filling the gap every time pedaling position is changed in the saddle through the shift of weight
- 3D waffle: A patented, three-layer perforated foam that increases breathability and eliminates excess weight
- goldenGate: A patented technology interrupts the stitching along both of the insert's side panels, allowing more three-dimensional freedom of movement in this sensitive, rotational area
- Horizontal Stabilizer: A patented central stitch secures the rear of the insert to the outer textile, eliminating shift
Free Exchanges: This product qualifies for free exchanges within the first 60 days after order. We'll cover the shipping both ways for US customers if you need a different size and/or color of this product. Returned product must be in new condition with all labels and packaging. Free exchanges apply only for product in stock or available for backorder.