Equipe R HabuWinter Bib Tights S9
The Assos Men's Equipe R Habu Winter Bib Tights S9 provide increased weather resistance at the core and insulation at the knees with high breathability and aerodynamic fit that are ideal for high-intensity rides in cold conditions.
These racingFit bib tights feature a proprietary 3-layer membrane at the crotch and an additional insulating panel on the knees, ensuring your most critical, cold-sensitive areas are protected. The rest of the tights are composed of Assos' warmest RX EVO thermal fabric, which ensures high levels of breathability for high-intensity riding.
- racingFit is a second-skin, aerodynamic silhouette engineered with world tour feedback and proven with world tour results.
- AIRBLOCK.888: a technical 3-layer membrane insulates your core while protecting against wind and water.
- twinDeck construction adds additional layers of breathable insulation at the knees.
- A-Lock Engineering: A modified ergoBox and one-piece Butterfly panel work together as your weight transfers in the saddle, ensuring frictionless comfort and stability during high-output efforts.
- X-Frame: Bib suspension inherited from the Equipe RSR summer bibs limits sag on the lower back, stabilizing the insert and main body panel.
- Hem and cuffs are raw cut and bonded, eliminating transitional ridges and maintaining clean, elegant lines for layering under winter shoe covers.
- EQUIPE R S9 Insert features Shock-Absorb Damping System Mono 9 with compressive foam materials in a breathable 9mm racing platform. Thermoformed shaping reduces ridges and irritation and the goldenGate stitching pattern anchors the front and back but lets the insert's body float, allowing the insert to move with your body rather than against it.
Free Exchanges: This product qualifies for free exchanges within the first 60 days after order. We'll cover the shipping both ways for US customers if you need a different size and/or color of this product. Returned product must be in new condition with all labels and packaging. Free exchanges apply only for product in stock or available for backorder.
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
Leg Type: Full Length
Style Type: Bibtights
blackSeries - Small
Mfg PartNum: 188.8.131.52.S
blackSeries - Medium
Mfg PartNum: 184.108.40.206.M
blackSeries - Large
Mfg PartNum: 220.127.116.11.L
blackSeries - X-Large
Mfg PartNum: 18.104.22.168.XL
blackSeries - 2X-Large
Mfg PartNum: 22.214.171.124.XLG
I've tested these over the course of about 400 miles and I am extremely pleased with them. The bib is one of the best I have ever used whether in winter or summer bibs. The material is extremely warm and nice feeling. I put these bibs squarely in the 'winter bib' category. They seem very durable so far and if you can get these on sales, these are easily worth the money you pay. Assos isn't cheap, but as is usually the case, you get what you pay for.
This is a new and confusingly named product; Habu is the name reserved for Assos' early Winter line up but this tight is for deep winter, as evidenced by the double layer of their heaviest RX over the knees. This is very similar to the design of the old LL.MIlle tights, which were a very warm and comfortable set of tights which lacked wind proofing and and had a fairly simple pad. I cut the pad out of those and wore a wind proof bib underneath as my main winter tights. These new tights make that unnecessary, providing that critical wind proofing front panel and a very good pad; they are the LL.Mille tights perfected! They still lack protection against the wet, so they're for cold, dry weather. They also lack the sweaty geoprene leg openings, which makes them more comfortable and quite a bit cheaper than the Equipe RS.