The Alchemy Arktos Mountain Bike features a dual-linkage platform called “Sine Suspension” that Alchemy licensed exclusively from David Earle. The name “Sine” comes from the shock rate, which resembles a sine wave when graphed. It’s regressive through the first part of the travel to absorb small bumps and provide climbing traction. In the middle of the stroke, its progressive to avoid wallowing on big hits or in hard, fast corners. Then it’s slightly regressive again in the last 15 percent of the stroke to enable the bike to use all 6 inches of its rear-wheel travel. With this bike you could talk technologies and physics all day long, but none of that stuff really matters the moment that you feel the efficiency, responsiveness and control the Arktos gives you on any terrain. Take on the mountain however you choose with the new-found power and reliability that the Arktos provides.
- Frame Material: Carbon fiber.
- Fork: Fox 36 Float, 150mm travel.
- Rear Shock: Fox DPX2 rear shock.
- Headset: IS41 Upper – IS52 lower.
- Shifters: Shimano XT.
- Front Derailleur: N/A.
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT.
- Crankset: Shimano XT 32t.
- Bottom Bracket: 73 mm threaded.
- Cassette: Shimano XT 11-46.
- Chain: Shimano Xt.
- Brakeset: Shimano XT.
- Handelbar: Race Face Aeffect R.
- Stem: Race Face Aeffect R.
- Saddle: Fizik Monte.
- Seatpost: Fox Transfer Factory.
- Wheelset: Mavic XA Elite 27.5".
- Rims: N/A.
- Hubs: N/A.
- Front Axle: N/A.
- Rear Axle: N/A.
- Tires: Maxxis Minion DH 27.5".
- Weight: N/A.
- Manufacturer Warranty: N/A.
Signature will be required when taking delivery of this product.