Get to the worst roads fast with the aero frame & road-inspired riding position of the 3T Exploro Ultra Force D1/Eagle AXS 650b Gravel Bike. Many riders these days love riding in rough terrain but live in a more urban jungle. So you need a bike that is fast on-road and capable off-road. Keep your grip with massive tires (not very aero but you'd be surprised at the speed) and go for a standard round, dropper or suspension post inside the Ultra's aero seattube. Add a few packs and the Ultra is even ready for epic overnight adventures.
The Ultra is 3T's most extreme bike. Starting with 55-61mm wide tires, they then designed the whole aero package around those to keep the on-road speed high. If you ride on less extreme terrain, you can also fit 700c tires up to 45mm WAM (With As Measured).
The Ultra was 3T's most difficult aerodynamic challenge to date: starting with massive 55-61mm tires and then making the bike aero. There's nothing to be done about the tires, they're big and the knobs don't help. What can be done is to take the airflow mess that comes off the front wheel and try to catch and redirect it. That's why you will see the 60mm wide downtube placed closely behind the front wheel, going even wider as it gets closer to the BB.
Blending this into the headtube with an off-center aero profile along with loads of other tricks gives you a bike that feels so much faster than your brain can compute. And thanks to your riding position, the aerodynamics, the BB stiffness and the narrow Q-factor, the Ultra actually feels 100% like a road bike when you want to go fast. Even when muddy.
- PERFECT AERO CUTOUT: Close-fitting cutout to shield the rear wheel and achieve the most speed.
- MIND THE GAP: No oversized gaps between front tire & downtube for better airflow transition and less turbulence.
- HUGE CLEARANCE: The original Exploro set today's standard for up to 54mm tire clearance. The Ultra has up to 61mm!
- MINIMALIST CROWN: With the advent of disc brakes, crowns don't need that bulk of material and can be reshaped for better strength, stiffness and weight. Plus better aerodynamics.
- PURE-ROAD FORK LENGTH: With the shorter crown, 3T can make their forks 25mm (1 inch) shorter than other gravel bikes. Exactly the same as a road fork. This offers better stiffness, lower weight, an easier steering geometry and better aerodynamics.
- DOUBLE-DROP CHAINSTAYS: Dropping the drive-side chainstay improves tire & crank clearance. Dropping the other side as well creates a much more efficient structure behind the BB for higher stiffness & strength as well as lower weight.
- AERO SEATTUBE+ROUND SEATPOST: The seattube is kept aero yet it fits a round 27.2mm seatpost so you have many round, dropper or suspension post options.
- Exploro Ultra Frame, unidirectional pre-preg carbon, High-modulus/high-strength performance blend layup
- Fango Ultra Fork w/ compact crown
- Integrated headset, sealed cartridge 1-1/8"+1.5", 36° Headset
- 100x12 front - 142x12 rear axles
- 3T Superghiaia LTD Handlebars (XXS&51: 40cm - 54&56: 42cm - 58&61: 44cm)
- 3T Apto Stealth Stem (XXS:70mm - 51:80mm - 54: 90mm - 56:100mm - 58:110mm - 61:120mm)
- SRAM Eagle XX1 AXS Long Cage
- SRAM Force D1 AXS Shifters
- SRAM Force AXS Hydraulic Disc Brakes w/ Sram 160mm rotor
- SRAM Force AXS Crankset 42T chainring (XXS: 165mm - 51: 170mm - 54&56: 172,5mm - 58&61: 175mm)
- SRAM 12-speed Eagle, 11-50T Cassette
- Fulcrum Rapid Red 900, 650b, tubeless ready wheels
- Vittoria Barzo 27.5" x 2.1"
- 3T Carbon 27.2 round seatpost - Zero offset
- Selle Italia Model X Superflow
Returns: This product is overweight and/or oversize and does not qualify for our fixed rate return shipping label. If you need to return this item, we can offer a return shipping label at our discounted shipping rates, or you can arrange for your own return shipping.
Overweight shipping charges apply for this item so shipping promotions for other products may not apply. To get a shipping quote, add the item to your shopping cart and click the Get Shipping Quote button.
B-Stock - This product has one or more B-Stock units available. These units can be purchased at a discount (see option select). B-Stock units were returned from other customers and may have missing or damaged packaging materials. These units are otherwise as new. The full manufacturer warranty applies. Click Here for more information.
Signature will be required when taking delivery of this product.