Connect to a new kind of riding experience.
Garimin has updated their flagship touchscreen cycling computer, offering reliable GPS navigation, fitness tracking, and new "connected" features to push your cycling to the next level. This Bundled version includes street maps (North America) for detailed navigation, along with Garmin's premium heart rate strap, and their cadence sensor.
On the surface, the 810 is virtually identical to its 800 predecessor -- it tracks your distance, speed, location and ascent/descent, all via GPS from the same compact, weather resistant body. Where this new computer really stands out is in its ability to offer live tracking, auto uploads to social networking sites, Bluetooth/smart phone connectivity, and weather alerts, features Garmin calls part of their new "Connected" family. The Edge 810 also supports up to 10 customizable bike profiles and 5 activity profiles, allowing you train, race, or just ride, whether it's on your MTB, road bike, or 'cross machine.
A new layout and user interface provide more intuitive operation, an update that's particularly noticeable when operating the computer on the bike.
This Edge 810 Bundle includes an SD card preloaded with North America City Navigator Maps, Garmin's heart rate strap, and cadence sensor. It's compatible with ANT+ devices, all of which are sold separately. Garmin's new Front handlebar mount is also included, helping to free up bar real estate. A base version with just the computer and basic accessories is also available separately.
In the box:
- Edge 810
- Premium heart rate monitor
- GSC™ 10-speed/cadence sensor
- AC adapter
- Bike mounts (standard and out front)
- USB cable
- City Navigator® NT on microSD ™card
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix®
- Sleek lightweight design
- Touchscreen and simple user interface: a 2.6" rugged and customizable color touchscreen, quickly find and view the most important data
- New Connected features: live-tracking, instant uploads, social network sharing and weather
- New Garmin Connect: instantly upload ride data via the Garmin Connect Mobile app on your smartphone
- New Activity profiles allows you to configure data fields and device settings based on the types of riding that you do, and lets you switch between them by simply pressing the touchscreen.
- Comprehensive performance monitoring: displays market leading, comprehensive ride data (speed, distance, time, heart rate [strap included], cadence [sensor included], elevation, power [when paired with power meter], location and personal records)
- Improved navigation: bike friendly routing and optional street or topo maps (sold separately), also supports Garmin Custom Maps and BirdsEye Satellite Imagery
- microSD™ card slot available for storage of workout data and additional map detail using preprogrammed City Navigator® or TOPO cards for mapping
- Advanced heart rate-based calorie computation
- Training and motivational features: Virtual Partner®, interval training, courses, alerts, workouts, personal records
- Auto time zone
- Barometric altimeter: for precise elevation, gradient, climb and descent data
- Zone training: heart rate zone training, supports five heart rate zones, seven power zones
- ANT+™ wireless technology – wirelessly connect to heart rate monitor, GSC™ 10 speed/cadence bike sensor or ANT+ enabled power meter
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion, battery life: up to 17 hours
- Water resistant to IPX7 (one meter of water for 30 minutes)
- Weight: 3.5 oz (98.0 g)