Connect to new kind of riding experience.
Garimin has updated their flagship touchscreen cycling computer, offering reliable GPS navigation, fitness tracking, and new "connected" features to push your cycling to the next level.
The Edge 810 tracks your distance, speed, location and ascent/descent, all via GPS. Like its predecessor, it has a built-in basemap and additional street/topo maps can be added for more detailed navigation. A brand new set of "Connect" features have also been added, including live tracking, auto uploads to social networking sites, Bluetooth/smart phone connectivity, and weather alerts. This new computer also supports up to 10 customizable bike profiles and 5 activity profiles, allowing you train, race, or just ride, whether it's on your MTB, road bike, or 'cross monster.
Like the 800, the 810 touchscreen display has been designed for easy operation with full fingered gloves and is built tough enough to withstand off-road abuse. A new layout and user interface provide more intuitive operation, an update that's particularly noticeable when operating the computer on the bike .
This Edge 810 base model includes the head unit and basic accessories only (see below), but is compatible with Garmin's heart rate strap, cadence sensor, and ANT+ compatible devices, all of which are sold separately. It's compatible with optional street or topo maps for detailed navigation and guidance on and off road (sold separately). A bundled version with heart rate and cadence, and North America City Navigator Maps is also available separately.
In the box:
- Edge 810
- AC adapter
- Bike mount (standard)
- USB cable
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix®
- Sleek lightweight design
- Touchscreen and simple user interface: a 2.6" rugged and customizable color touchscreen, quickly find and view the most important data
- New Connected features: live-tracking, instant uploads, social network sharing and weather
- New Garmin Connect: instantly upload ride data via the Garmin Connect Mobile app on your smartphone
- New Activity profiles allows you to configure data fields and device settings based on the types of riding that you do, and lets you switch between
them by simply pressing the touchscreen.
- Comprehensive performance monitoring: displays market leading, comprehensive ride data (speed, distance, time, heart rate [strap sold separately], cadence [sensor sold separately], elevation, power [when paired with power meter], location and personal records)
- Improved navigation: bike friendly routing and optional street or topo maps (sold separately), also supports Garmin Custom Maps and BirdsEye Satellite Imagery
- microSD™ card slot available for storage of workout data and additional map detail using preprogrammed City Navigator® or TOPO cards for mapping
- Advanced heart rate-based calorie computation
- Training and motivational features: Virtual Partner®, interval training, courses, alerts, workouts, personal records
- Auto time zone
- Barometric altimeter: for precise elevation, gradient, climb and descent data
- Zone training: heart rate zone training, supports five heart rate zones, seven power zones
- ANT+™ wireless technology – wirelessly connect to heart rate monitor, GSC™ 10 speed/cadence bike sensor or ANT+ enabled power meter
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion, battery life: up to 17 hours
- Water resistant to IPX7 (one meter of water for 30 minutes)
- Weight: 3.5 oz (98.0 g)
- Display size: 1.4" x 2.2" (3.8 x 5.6 cm), 2.6" diag (6.6 cm), display resolution: 160 x 240 pixels
- Size: 2.0" x 3.7" x 1.0" (5.1 x 9.3 x 2.5 cm)
Ordered by Most Useful Reviews First
Great Device! New Features make it easier to use Garmin Connect and Smartphone.
If you have a smartphone (iphone or android) and use Garmin Connect, this device will converge all 3 nicely. Having bluetooth on board makes it easy to transfer mapscourses over. The livetrack feature also allows my wife to track me when out on solo rides. Battery life also seems better then the 800...I have more juice at the end of the ride then I used to.
Was this review useful to you? Yes
Thank you for your feedback.
You have already submitted a vote for this review.