Not merely an aluminum copy of the Carbon Synapses, the Synapse Alloy series features rack mounts, fender clearance plus the Synapse Disc features the addition of disc brakes that expand its versatility without sacrificing its sporty soul.
Like the carbon model, the Synapse Aluminum frame is built using Cannondale's SAVE Plus technology -- careful shaping creates a rear stay assembly that is able to deflect vertically, absorbing tremendous amounts of road shock and vibration while staying extremely rigid laterally for power transfer and confident cornering.
The fork features a full carbon construction and also uses the SAVE Plus design to create a micro-suspension system that is elegantly simple and doesn’t require the additional weight of bumpers or inserts.
A taller head tube (2-2.5cm more than SuperSix), a longer wheelbase and relaxed angles produce a more upright riding position and a confidence-inspiring ride which avoids the sluggish feel of many "comfort" road bikes.
The Synapse Alloy Disc 5 model is equipped with Shimano 105 10-speed and other components carefully selected for great performance and reliability.
In store purchase only.
Note: Other colors and sizes may be available for this item. Please contact us for specific availability information.
- Frame:2014 Synapse Alloy Disc, Optimized 6061 Alloy, SAVE PLUS, BB30
- Fork: Synapse SAVE Disc, Carbon blades, 1-1/8"
- Crank:FSA Gossamer, BB30, 50/34
- Chain:KMC X11, 11-speed
- Wheelset: Maddux RD 3.0 Disc Rims with Formula Disc Hubs
- Tires:Schwalbe Lugano PP, 700x25c
- Bottom Bracket: FSA BB30
- Front Derailleur:Shimano 105 5700, 31.8 clamp
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 5700
- Shifters/Brake Levers:Shimano 105 5700
- Handlebars:Cannondale C3 Compact, butted 6061 alloy
- Stem:Cannondale C3, 31.8, 6 deg.
- Headset:Synapse Si, 25mm top cap
- Brakes:Promax Render R, 160mm front, 140mm rear
- Seatpost:Cannondale C3, Alloy, 25.4x300mm
- Wheel Size: 700c (622 ISO)
- Saddle:Cannondale Stage Ergo w/ Crmo Rails
The Synapse Alloy Disc 5 is available in Raw Aluminum with a Compact (50/34t). Sizes: 48, 51, 54, 56, 58 and 61cm.
Sizing details and Geometry are available on the Cannondale website.
Why buy a bike from Western Bikeworks? You'll get automatic enrollment in our Owner's Club with discounts on service labor, discounts on apparel and accessories, free adjustments, and access to special Owner's Club sales for as long as you own the bike! Click here for details.