Weight, Stiffness, Compliance and Aerodynamics.
These four factors are the cornerstones of cycling efficiency. But more important than any individual attribute is striking a balance between these competing elements, bringing out the maximum benefits of each attribute in such a way that no single element dominates the others. The Super Six EVO is the distilled sum of everything Cannondale has learned in their years of cycling innovation, masterfully blending these features to deliver the ultimate competitive advantage.
The frame itself is built using BallisTec uni-directional carbon technology, these impact resistant resins and fibers were originally developed for ballistic armoring. Because they're amazingly tough, yet simultaneously featherweight, BallisTec frame tubes can be made in smaller diameters compared to other carbon designs -- the result is an amazing light frame that doesn't sacrifice stiffness or strength.
The SuperSix EVO has two zones of vertical compliance which work together to improve comfort and speed. The first zone, made up of the SPEED SAVE Stays and Offset Dropout Fork Blades, focuses primarily on chassis dynamics.
Much like the suspension on an F1 car, these features are engineered to help the bike roll faster, not necessarily to add comfort. Subtle vertical compliance in these areas, mated with superb lateral and torsional rigidity, delive rs improved rolling speed, better acceleration, dramatically improved cornering speed and control without negatively affecting power transfer.
The second zone concentrates on rider comfort. The seat tube features a directionally optimized carbon layup which allows it to deflect slightly fore and aft, which diffuses vibration and impacts and reduces the energy-sapping muscle microtrauma caused by long days in the saddle.
This Super Six EVO 2 model is outfitted with Shimano Ultegra 6800 and other components chosen for competition ready performance.
In store purchase only.
Note: Other colors and sizes may be available for this item. Please contact us for specific availability information.
- Frame:2014 SuperSix EVO, BallisTec Carbon, SPEED SAVE, PressFit BB30
- Fork:SuperSix EVO, BallisTec Carbon, SPEED SAVE, 1-1/8" to 1-1/4" steerer
- Crank:FSA SL-K Light Carbon BB30, 50/34
- Chain:Shimano Ultegra 6800, 11-speed
- Wheelset:Mavic Aksium S WTS
- Tires:Mavic Aksion, 700x23c, folding
- Bottom Bracket:Cannondale Alloy PF30 BB Cups, FSA BB30 Bearings
- Front Derailleur:Shimano Ultegra 6800, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur:Shimano Ultegra 6800
- Shifters:Shimano Ultegra 6800
- Handlebars:Cannondale C2 Compact
- Stem:Cannondale C2, 31.8 6 deg.
- Headset:SuperSix EVO, 1-1/4" lower bearing, 25mm top cap
- Brakes:Shimano Ultegra 6800
- Seatpost:Cannondale C2, UD Carbon, 27.2x300mm
- Saddle:Fi'zi:k Arione CX, w/ Mg Rails
The SuperSix EVO 2 is available in Light Blue with a Compact (50/34t) crankset. Sizes: 48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60 and 63cm.
Sizing details and Geometry are available on the Cannondale website
Why buy a bike from Western Bikeworks? You'll get automatic enrollment in our Owner's Club with discounts on service labor, discounts on apparel and accessories, free adjustments, and access to special Owner's Club sales for as long as you own the bike.